Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i know from what ive seen that most of you are into lowering your daks.

just curious how much it costs to lower them. mine is a stock 03 slt CC 4x4. wierd asking to lower a 4x4 to me. but seems like a lot people do it with these trucks.

·
Admin .. Serious business
2,302 Posts
Nothing wrong with going up. Especially with a 4x4. My second Dakota is a 4x4 with a 3" body lift and 33x12.50/15's. Even though you have a 4x4 and most of the guys are lowered here on the site that doesn't mean there aren't a couple of us jacked guys kicking around.

·
Registered
213 Posts
AMEN to that... if i had a 4x4 then i would go up but since im only pulling with 2 wheels im going down... but if he did lower it wouldnt it be like an awd eclipse or talon??? low to the ground and powerful

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
my original thought was to raise, but i was just gonna throw the idea out there.

what do you guys suggest for lifting it? cheap and easy....

·
223 Posts
An axle flip would net you ~5-6". Crank down the torsion bars for the front. Dont know how much drop you can get in the front without a lot of cutting. Never looked at the front suspension on a 4x4 dakota.

j

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
i think ill stick with the lifting it idea.... crankin the bars... and from what i read, i can get some lift blocks or add-a-leafs for out back that should even things out quite a bit.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts