Dodge Dakota Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, Just wanted to know how many of you ever had a problem with the tranny? I was on my way home from work, Friday night, When I put it in drive, I noticed the Dak was very sluggish when starting from a stand still, I didn't think much of it at first, but then, I realized that every time I would start driving from a stand still, I would hit the gas, and seem to go nowhere. I looked down and of corse the check engine light came on, I also notice that when I would start driving, The RPM gauge would move, but when I looked over at the MPH gauge It would seem to hesitate to move. At first I was thinking that maybe I filled her up with the contaminated gasoline that was shipped to certan gas stations, around where I live sometime last week, But I was like, no they cleared that up about 2 weeks ago. Then I was thinking, Crap. I shouldn't have any problems with this truck. I just got it about 8 months ago and It's a 02 with less than 38,000 miles. Then I remembered reading an article about Dodge Dakotas and the trannys on a lot of them seem to have issues. I dropped it off at the Dodge Dealership on Saturday and they are going to look it over. I'll probably find out what's wrong with it on Monday or Tuesday. Thank God for the extended warranty!!!!! Just wondering if any one has had the same thing happen to them? or if you think you know what it might be? Hopefully nothing major. Because being with out my Dak really SUCKS!!!!! !frustrated
You know it's funny this happened right before it was supposed to go into my buddys shop for a full bag install. If I had the bags on the truck, and brought it to them to have it checked out, The Dealership might have blamed the airbags on the problem just to get out of fixing it and void the warranty. LOL, I guess it is a blessing in disguise. Anyways, Thanks in Advance, Any help is appreciated. !afro

·
Smurf
263 Posts
dosent sound like tranny trouble to me check the plugs ans wires it sounds like you might have a problem with gap or dead plugs

if you take it to autozone they will read the computer for you free
i will guarntee you this thought there will be 2 problems one will be the real problem and the other will be your O2 sensor
according to every time they have done one for me my O2 sensor is bad

·
Registered
464 Posts
there was also a recall on some dakotas for something wrong in the tranny......when i got my dak with only 1 mile on it it was a quart low on tranny fluid.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Got it back and it was some sensor that connects to the tranny that went bad. It was covered under the warranty, but I had to pay $100.00 deductable.

·
Registered
464 Posts
at least its fixed

1 - 5 of 5 Posts