Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i know of a guy who makes them i jsut wasnt sure if there was a company.

i might barrow my friends and see if i can make a template from them then i can make my own.

i take it alot of guys are using the stock arms?? and jsut plateing them??

·
Captain Cobalt
1,870 Posts
Ah the eternal question. I think I might quit my job and make my millions fabricating tubular control arms for Dakotas, narrowed of course. Thump, either stock or modifying stock or the tubular lowers.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
so what is there to makin a set??? can you jsut use the same specs from a stock one and make some tubular ones??? or is there somthing "magical" about tubular ones??

·
Registered
152 Posts
Nothing magical just a tube version of stock with whatever you wanted to change built in and the ability to run a better looking balljoint or uniball/heimjoint.

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
i know of a guy who makes them i jsut wasnt sure if there was a company.

i might barrow my friends and see if i can make a template from them then i can make my own.

i take it alot of guys are using the stock arms?? and jsut plateing them??
hey man what year are the arms off of from your buddy? Also i got a shop working on a set of tubular set of arms but its going to be a while till there done. Also i am using western chassis arms since the DJM ones suck hard core.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
his trucks a 97
he use to run Kotchalookin kustoms

if any thing he can tell me how to go about makign them and what i should look into for my design since he has bagged several daks

·
Registered
251 Posts
I had a chassis shop build me both upper and lower tubular control arms for better caster/ camber adjustments and for less flex in the front end. They also set it up with a custom set of Koni coilovers with adjustable compression and rebound. This setup cost me about $3600 but works very well.

·
Registered
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I had a chassis shop build me both upper and lower tubular control arms for better caster/ camber adjustments and for less flex in the front end. They also set it up with a custom set of Koni coilovers with adjustable compression and rebound. This setup cost me about $3600 but works very well.
ill stick to making my own i have the shop jsut wasnt sure if there was anything that was special about them to allow the air bag to lay out the front.
i got talkig to my buddy figured out everything i need to know so now i need to find the time to build some.

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
Got any pics, and what bran coil-over did you get?

·
Registered
251 Posts
coilovers are made by Koni. I dont have pics yet but I will take some soon. The rear in going to get a 4 link with coilovers as well. My truck handles very well right now, but it should be even better after the rear is done.

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
coilovers are made by Koni. I dont have pics yet but I will take some soon. The rear in going to get a 4 link with coilovers as well. My truck handles very well right now, but it should be even better after the rear is done.
thats kick ass man, are you going with the same coilovers in the rear? also are you just doing a regular 4link or are you going adjustable. Also could you PM me some specs (like what weight they handle, and stuff like that) on the coilovers for the rear, i want to get a set to use at the track or on long road trips. I got a 6 link right now, but i am planing on making if adjustable able to hold coilovers or bags. the shock i have are already adjustable:049:

·
Registered
464 Posts
AIM Industries makes them (actually better than DJM cause they like to break)
Barnyard Customs was making arms to lay out on 22"s i'm not sure if they still do or not. And i know of a guy that laid out his body'd 98 dak using S10 front suspension.

I'm probably going to build a new frame up front for the motor swap and use some other vehicles Front suspension. Gotta lay the body on 22"s somehow.

Josh

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
AIM Industries makes them (actually better than DJM cause they like to break)
Barnyard Customs was making arms to lay out on 22"s i'm not sure if they still do or not. And i know of a guy that laid out his body'd 98 dak using S10 front suspension.

I'm probably going to build a new frame up front for the motor swap and use some other vehicles Front suspension. Gotta lay the body on 22"s somehow.

Josh
:OMG-WTF-BANANAS: are you for real man? Do you use the AIM ones on your dak? So you think that the ones that AIM make are better than the DJM ones? Umm all i can say is wow. First off let me just say that they both suck! DJM is shitty quality and break real easy, and the ones from AIM are well.....well there from AIM, so enough said about those. Just my $.02 though.

·
Registered
464 Posts
suprisingly enough they do work quite well.....i hate aim with a passion but with 7 years experience on DAKS they are the only ones i like.....

·
Registered
460 Posts
You know, i haven't had any problems with my DJM arms at all, What makes you say they suck, maybe there's something I should be watching out for. Mine were for 2" drop.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Ball Joint breakage

·
Registered
336 Posts
I have a set of DJM 3" control arms. You guys have got me worried now. Do they mostly break when bagged or what??

1 - 20 of 43 Posts