Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Nope, not yet at least.
But if you find a good shop the can fab one up using parts from the 2.5l dodge shadows. Takes a lot of work from what I hear and you cant just bolt on parts from that series engine, they are totally different engines.

·
Registered
251 Posts
It looks pretty easy to build a turbo kit for a 4cyl Dak. Plenty of room for stuff. Hardest thing would be making a manifold, get the flange for the head and a garrett style turbo and some 1.5" mandrel bends and weld everything up. 1.5" primary tubing is small but you want to keep the exhaust velocity high to spin that turbo quick. pick up a 10:1 FMU and a vortech inline pump activated with a hobb switch, bigger injectors, 3" mandrel bends, silicone couplers, intercooler, 1/8" NPT tee -4 fitting and line, return hose and hit up the junkyard for a turbo from a 2.3L Ford and you should have just about everything to turbo your truck.

·
Registered
85 Posts
dude it's easy... find someone to make you a manifold, or you make one, and by a t3/t4 turbo kit for a honda. and YES i said honda. then use the charge piping and route a custom layout. i've seen it done a few times. and it works best with 2 1/2 inch charge piping....the kit will be for a "B or D" series acura integra integra, or honda civic. or if you have a built motor and want a biger turbo find the kit for the acura rsx... Turbo Kits, Turbo Manifolds, Import Performance Products, SSAutochrome Inc. is a good source...

·
E.P.K.
317 Posts
dude it's easy... find someone to make you a manifold, or you make one, and by a t3/t4 turbo kit for a honda. and YES i said honda. then use the charge piping and route a custom layout. i've seen it done a few times. and it works best with 2 1/2 inch charge piping....the kit will be for a "B or D" series acura integra integra, or honda civic. or if you have a built motor and want a biger turbo find the kit for the acura rsx... Turbo Kits, Turbo Manifolds, Import Performance Products, SSAutochrome Inc. is a good source...

I'd stay away from SSAutochrome. I had a Stainless Steel Manifold from there for my civic and the heat of the exhaust melted the manifold. I also had a turbo from there that blew an internal seal within 6 months on 8psi.

·
Registered
85 Posts
did you contact them about your problems, cause on my civic the manifold had a huge leak when i got it and the fins on the turbo were bent, and they took care of it for me?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts