Dodge Dakota Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2000 quad cab dakota that's a v6 the engine blew and I bought a new one well it ended up being the ram 1500 v6 engine the truck runs but it does not run good. Anyone know a fix?

·
Registered
815 Posts
all v6's are the same... if its a 3.9 its a 3.9.... change the motor mounts .. toss it in the dakota.. drive away... done deal.

Also, you post might as well be written in crayon and thrown in a mud puddle because it barely makes sense... Are you sayin the ram engine you bought, doesn't run well also, or that your original dakota motor does not run well and your looking for a fix...??

Either way, if your asking for a fix for either one you will need to give us more details on the situation. But judgin by your post you might have zero experience... we are willing to help you here to a point, but you might just be better off taking it to a shop and having them do the swap by the sounds of it.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ok so i pretty much got all of what yall said I have one more question. Could the fact the its not running good be because the truck has been sitting for 9 months with the same gas, and maybe I need to run it. And yes I am new to cars and working on them just trying to learn

·
Registered
815 Posts
Ok so i pretty much got all of what yall said I have one more question. Could the fact the its not running good be because the truck has been sitting for 9 months with the same gas, and maybe I need to run it. And yes I am new to cars and working on them just trying to learn

Its good you get what we are saying, but we still have no idea what your trying to say....

Is AmberFireDak right about the new 3.9 outta the ram installed in the Dakota not running right, or your original 3.9 hasn't run for 9 months and is running poorly?
If its the Ram motor that is running poorly after you've swapped it out, then double check all your sensors and everything from teh Dakota motor made it over to the Ram motor when you swapped it etc... If some of those details were missed that could be the reason right there...

You really need to explain yourself dude... it will help US... help YOU...

:049:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts