Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone here have a Viper Fan? I know socaldakota sells a kit for it, but hell if i'm paying 450 dollars for a fan that only costs 150 dollars. 300 bucks for some wiring and new washer fluid bottles, get outta here. So if there's anyone here that has one on their truck, how difficult was it to do the wiring yourself if you did? I'm interested in getting the fan, but not interested in forking out 450 bucks for it. Any help would be appreciated. Pics are always good, too!

·
Registered
442 Posts
I have the scoop on what to do, what you have to know how to build your own relays or at least know someone who can build them for you. If your interested I can post the info on where to get it and you can build your own for $200

·
Registered
442 Posts
Contact Jeff Hunter at this email and tell him the boys from MAD RT sent you. Depending on his stock and availability...you can score a fan with NO RELAYS for $150 or around that. Plan on $50 to build your own relays and oh snap! A $200 viper fan...

[email protected]

Dont ask me how to build the relays or anything though, beyond me. The idea I presented awhile back was based in the plan that fellow R/T members did, had nothing to do with me.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Humm sounds good but one problem I aint got enough money. LOL

·
Registered
14 Posts
Building the relay is easy, if you know a little about car audio wiring and all. For the 2 speed viper fan you will need 2 relay's. You can pick them up at any auto parts stores. I normaly buy the relay's they have in the fog light section since there 30 amp relay's. First relay gets 1 12 volt constant, 1 ground, 1 switched 12 volt (can be from any where with .5 amps or higher), last wire goes to the + side of the first speed for the fan (this set up will run the fan from start up till shut down). . Second relay do the same as the first, except, use the factory fan power wire as the trigger wire (switched 12 volt). The reason I say use 2 relay's is cause I'm not sure if the factory ran wires will hold the amp load that the second speed of the viper fan will put on the system. Now this is if they are using a set of power and ground wires per speen on the fan. I have yet to get my hands on one so I'm not sure.

·
Registered
138 Posts
I was wondering about how to get it all right. Well That helps out alot. I not good at all with wiring though. So prolly have to get someone to do it for me but a least I ll sound like I know what is going on.

·
Registered
16 Posts

·
Whisper'sR/T
1,284 Posts
So are there any members that want to make a little extra money and do a setup for me? I can buy the fan but don't do wireing at all! Even with the simple instructions.

Otherwise, I'm just buying Sam's setup and bolting it on!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts