Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
u need to find a shop that has a cnc machine and have them do it, the littlest mistake would mess it up, most that i heard about went with a 5 on 4.5 which is a honda pattern so that they could run front wheel drive rims that'll tuck

G

·
How exactly do they change the lug nut pattern? What is all needed? Where would I go to get the lug nut pattern changed just any cnc shop? FWould you not be able to just change spindles to a genI dak 4.5"x5 lugs? What is the best way to do this and how much would I be looking at? I heard about the adaptor plates they have, but heard all bad about them. Thanks.

·
Registered
361 Posts
if your looking to do the swp with the spindles i would recamend buying 2 inch lowering spindles dont forget you need to buy calipers and rotors and brake pads you also need to flip the lower ball joint and last an alignment and i was just wonderin is your truck lowered or bagged

·
Registered
464 Posts
I was prolly the second person in the US to change lug patterns on my dak. Its not hard to do. Just take any part that a lug nut goes thru to a machine shop and tell em what you want. Luckily my dad owns a large welding and machine shop so i got it done for free.

·
Registered
361 Posts
hey lowphatdak i saw it said that you changed your spindles to s10 spindles how did you go about doin that cuz i have evythin apart and i was hopin alll i had to do was flip the lower ball joint but i got a problem with the ball joints the s10 studs for the ball joints are way to small i wannna get them drilled out but the other problem is i dont think im gointo lay all the way out with twenties

·
Registered
361 Posts
dont try to do the swap with the spindles from an s10 it will not work whatsoever anyone who says that they have done it is a lier now that i have listened to incompitant people i have my truck stripped down in front of my hosue and im fucked cuz i did the rear swap allready and bought the wheels so please noone try this mod it will not work

·
Registered
6 Posts
Why dont you guys just pay for nice billet wheels??? Your putting so much money into spindles and shit that you could just buy billet wheels since in my opinion they look a million times better than chrome, but thats just my opinion.

·
Registered
92 Posts
barnyard told me that he can make my a arms with an s 10 ball joint and buy sum dropped spindles and lay out on 22s easily thought about it but 2 much money had 2 buy the whole conversion and new wheels

·
Registered
528 Posts
ok on the billet wheel thing what i have in my suspension change changed lug pattern 110.00 and 3 or 4 days down time it was winter didnt drive anyway wheels wheels for a honda r alot cheaper than billet wheels but any how i bought a set of alt blade wheels off a buddy that needed money 450.00 so all in all 560.00 they was 20s also a good set of billet wheels that u have to polish alot had on previous dakota i beleive i paid roght at 2200 for em and countless on tubes of weinol misspelled but oh well so for me it was cheaper to change pattern since hondas r around my neck of the woods like s-dimes r in the minitrk world

·
Registered
69 Posts
hey im chaning my lug pattern im usin s10 front spindle and a chevy 10 bolt posi rear i dont know how far you want to go with your truck or what but that what i have set up for my truck
what year S10 did you get that from? I'm tired of the 6x4.5 pattern. Also what if I got basically the whoel front spindles and rear posi. (stock) from and S10, would that work too, or no?

·
Registered
69 Posts
ok on the billet wheel thing what i have in my suspension change changed lug pattern 110.00 and 3 or 4 days down time it was winter didnt drive anyway wheels wheels for a honda r alot cheaper than billet wheels but any how i bought a set of alt blade wheels off a buddy that needed money 450.00 so all in all 560.00 they was 20s also a good set of billet wheels that u have to polish alot had on previous dakota i beleive i paid roght at 2200 for em and countless on tubes of weinol misspelled but oh well so for me it was cheaper to change pattern since hondas r around my neck of the woods like s-dimes r in the minitrk world
where did you go again to get that pattern change? I don't mind not driving for 3 or 4 days, don't drive much anyhow. Please to let me know

email me at [email protected], I'm usually working.

·
Registered
42 Posts
wait you guys are saying if i get my lug pattern changed i can fit front wheel drive rims on my truck?????????????????????please explain better..thanks

i have the 6x4.5 on 2001 dakota rwd...

1 - 20 of 22 Posts