Dodge Dakota Forums banner

Western Chassis vs DJM Control Arms

10K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  droppd1dak 
#1 ·
Just a question for you guys. I recently found out that DJM Control Arms are pretty shitty and have been running into a load of problems with them. Is Western Chassis' Control Arms any different than DJM's?

#2 ·
the only problem I had with my western chassis was the bushing blew out...Also I can't imagine trying to bag a truck with them if that has any disision makin.

still have them if interested in buyin them.... I've been holding on to them for no real reason

#3 ·
I have a 3.9 Single Cab 1998 Dak that i'm planning on bagging. My '01 Dakota R/T is staying with a static drop on 20's. I was using a 2/3 setup with blocks and DJM's Control Arms, but they have been nothing but problems. What exactly was their purpose of having the "steering stops"? Plus, would there be any noise with a blown bushing? Everytime my suspension compresses, im hearing a "creaking" noise come from the front passenger side. I was guessing the spring didn't settle right. Really annoying. I'm thinking about going back to the stocker arms and using DJM's 2" R/T springs instead.

#4 ·
sounds like the poly bushings need a little grease. Mine did the same thing and it drove me nuts!!! Loosen the rear two nuts just a little helps too. The nuts arn't gonna fall off but you don't wanna be able to spine the bolts freely

#6 ·
i have the jdm control arms and betech springs right now i havent had any problem the only one i did run into is the bump stops they give u crushed under the top arm because theres only a few cemtimeters of clearence in the front i had to cut the mounts off. handle great also on guy had a control arm snap and trashed the jdm's but he was also hopping his truck in a comp.

#7 ·
I just bought the DJM 2" drop control arms and the Beltach rear hangers, I am currently in Iraq, but as soon as i get back i will install them and tell you all waht i think. I am glad to hear that your truck handles good to, cuz i drive like a mad man,every where i go, 36k on my 2002 V6 and it has earned every one of them..LOL

#8 ·
Hoah HicksV6Sport...what branch of the mil you in? MOS?....less than 30 days till i get to go to BCT at Jackson then AIT at Eustis For 15T (Hawk Repairer)

#9 ·
If you guys are looking into buying control arms, Devious Customs is going to be able to make control arms for bagged dakotas. They are set up for body dropped kotas but they will work on any bagged kota. They built the 1st set of them for my truck which is now body dropped. I should have the truck back in less than a week and i can get some miles on them and let you know how they turned out. They built a jig off of mine so that they can re make them.

#10 ·
I've beeen running DJM for about three years now bagged. My on my passenger side the weld the weld broke from the lowering control arm front tubing to the bag cup so i had to reweld it. Then last week the weld bead underneath the bumpstop and spindle cracked had to reweld and some two gussets. so i won't run into this problem again. ~:( got pics of gussets weld if any one needs them b4 they run into the same problem i had.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.