Dodge Dakota Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got a 2005 SLT, salvaged leather seats a while back from a wrecked Laramie. Had factory heated seat elements built in. Been hoping to salvage all the wiring and switches I would need from another junker to hopefully be able to "plug and play" and get them working. I managed to save a few buck and get some switches and a harness that came out of a Durango (apparently these switches and the harness were located in the center console.

So, my question now is, what additional wiring harnesses do I need to look for in a junker I found that had factory heated seats, to connect the power and heater element in the seats to the switch and harness I have now, in order for them to work?

Here is a pic of the harness I have now. (BTW, posted this on another site looking for help, figured out that the one plug labeled "Connect to wiring harness from seats?" is actually for the center console light switch)

·
My pop pop's 91
735 Posts
I got a 2005 SLT, salvaged leather seats a while back from a wrecked Laramie. Had factory heated seat elements built in. Been hoping to salvage all the wiring and switches I would need from another junker to hopefully be able to "plug and play" and get them working. I managed to save a few buck and get some switches and a harness that came out of a Durango (apparently these switches and the harness were located in the center console.

So, my question now is, what additional wiring harnesses do I need to look for in a junker I found that had factory heated seats, to connect the power and heater element in the seats to the switch and harness I have now, in order for them to work?

Here is a pic of the harness I have now. (BTW, posted this on another site looking for help, figured out that the one plug labeled "Connect to wiring harness from seats?" is actually for the center console light switch)

I'm pretty sure you can just hook it up that way. You shouldn't need anything else, you have every thing you need.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts