Dodge Dakota Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
MarkH_Calgary
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I purchased a 2003 Dodge Dakota Quad Cab 3.9L, 4x4 here in Calgary, Ab, Canada last December. Every time the temperature gets low (0c and lower) I hear a high pitched whistle coming from the engine. This is definately an air flow type whistle (not a bearing noise or squeak). The pitch varies with RPMs and comes on under light/steady load. The pitch varies by feathering the accelerator and can be stopped by coming off the gas or depressing the gas, but eventually comes back. Whistle starts at about 50k and continues right up to 110/120 kph. Very annoying and frustrating. I have looked for obvious vacuum leaks, breaks in lines etc. Only occurs in cold weather. Very hard to replicate on the driveway. Never heard it all summer, but now we are into cold ambient temps and the whistle is back. Any suggestions??

·
just a sport with a 360
205 Posts
cold air intakes will/can cause a whistle noise, if the air intake is still stock its just the IAC hole in the TB

·
Registered
368 Posts
its just a dodge truck throttle body thing nothin to worry about
+1 and with my open element air filter it's much much louder. Also seems to be louder when the A/C compressor is on and at certain thorttle positions.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts