Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Premium Member
397 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've noticed this on other Dakota forums. Why do people hate on lowered/bagged trucks? They call is a waste? Isn't lifting your truck even though you don't take it offroad a waste? I've noticed this more in the Dakota community. Is this because lowered dakotas are more of a rarity?

·
Registered
69 Posts
I think its because of when the 97 and up Dakotas came out alot of people thought of them as performance trucks because of them being available with V8s. Alot of those people are hard headed about what we do to our trucks even though a bagged truck will run just as well as a stock one.

·
Smurf
263 Posts
as i have come to realize here lately every one thinks that we cant use our trucks like a stock or lifted one they think you cant drive arround because you might hit a speed bump and tear up what you have worked so hard for. what it is basicly it is that they are ignorant and dont want to take the time to learn what it takes to make a bad ass show winning dakota. let them have there lifted highrise trucks because we all know at every show they stand no chance of beating us. lowered for life!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
101 Posts
hey i think lowering a car is a waste bc there is no way ur car will ever be as cool as u want it to be they look like mexican cars and i find those to be the gayest type of cars out there the only way a dakota will ever look super tight lowered is if u put 30,000 + dollars into it and make everything completely custom so if u have 30000 dollars laying around do it but if u are in process of puting 30000 into ur car ur car will never be cool till ur all done there for making it a waste of time

·
Registered
24 Posts
everybody has there opinions, but build a custom ride is an art. You build it from your personality. People think that a truck is supposed to be big and be used as a truck. My thought is a 2 wheel drive is supposed to be dropped and a 4 wheel drive is supposed to be lifted. you dont need a lot of money to make your truck look sick. Personally i feel there is nothing custom about a lifted truck, its all bolt on. You get into baggin trucks you have to build everything, thats custom, but i will never hate on somebody because they have a lifted truck.

·
Registered
101 Posts
i dont hate ne one bc they have a lowered truck i personally just hate the way lowered trucks look like when they are in progress the only way id lower it is if i had everything put on at once so it came back completly custom and a lifted truck is way more bad ass

·
Registered
4 Posts
I agree with Sikkaddiktionz, 2 wheel drive shoudl be dropped and 4 wheel drive should be lifted. The ONLY time you should lift a 2 wheel drive is when you are going to race in the tough truck catagory.

Another thing is, Dodges have a reputation for a good work vehichle that you can have fun with too. If you look at all the old dodge truck, how many of them were run into the ground and how many were made custom. If you find a custom dodge truck, a true custom, you have seen a white whale. Now days, people put money into thier trucks with no regrets.

Where I live lowrider S-10's and Mazda's are everywhere. There is one guy who has a 98 dakota that was brave and bagged his( much better than those S-10's). but there is a lot of lifted 4x4 dakota's. I like both. A lot of my friends think I will bottom out when going over a speed bump, or I wont be able to drive at high speeds. I laugh at them and tell them about the adjustability.

People just don't understand lowrider trucks, especially dodges. Its a change from when they were a kid or how that person was raised. People fear change, and all we can do is show them the way of how cool these trucks are.

87lowkota

·
Registered
6 Posts
I think that both lowered and raised trucks are cool but where I live so many people think that they are bada$$ when they put chrome rims and lift there truck. That's not cool if you lift your truck for show you should be doing some serious off roading. If not people might think that your trying to compensate for something, at least from a girls perspective:D

·
Registered
51 Posts
lol, opinions are like a%^holes everyone has one. your truck is your truck you do w/e the hell you want to it. personally all the lifted trucks i know dont even touch mud with a 10 ft poll. people call my truck rice b/c i have a bodykit on it. w/e. . . .its all good

·
Registered
65 Posts
see we all have different opinions, and if we didnt how fun would that be? plus i love sittin at stop lights with old people next to u hittin switches..kinda freaks'em out...haha

·
Registered
528 Posts
well on the hating part i get alot of that they think its stupid to lower a truck u cant haul nuthin in it. i tell em well i can haul stuff in it they just dont understand the concept of lowering a truck its not to be cool its to show ur art work to the people in ur area and whereever u decide to go with it my parents r the worse they say why dont u save ur money instead of buying stuff for ur trk and i tell em look i save money and pay my bills the extra i have i spend on my trk i told em well ill quit spending on the trk and start buying beer and drugs and stuff like that it usuallys shuts em up till i do sumthun new to it that is drastic

·
Smurf
263 Posts
holy shit balls did any one bother to let you know that this post was almost to old to function it is great you wanna respond to the old posts dont get me wrong i am just amazed at some of the old posts i see come up
but on the up side i see you have either figured out the search option or that you are really bored and have nothing better to do than scroll through our old posts
happy scrolling to you

·
Registered
65 Posts
eh..down in illinois its to damn cold to cruise around all day...so i sit on the computer and work...so ha

·
Smurf
263 Posts
ignore my previous comments it was a bad day further compounded by my wife and her attitude i was at the range all day then had to go back for night fire then i had my wife bitchin about bills when i got home
sorry to offend any one

·
which way to Shangri La?
506 Posts
i think it's from the fact that lifted trucks can get to more places than a lowered ride--which is almost limited to pavement and open fields. and then the stigma of the lowrider lifestyle.... anyways,

·
Super Mod
13,312 Posts
i personally love the look of our daks lowered, especially when they are body dropped and have some big rims tucking. As far as them hating on lowered trucks, i think its because of there ignorance. (like when they say bagged trucks can't make it over speed bumps) Also i think since they know so little about them that they are kind of intimidated, (because they fear what they don't understand) so they just hate instead of learning and understanding how they function.

·
Registered
20 Posts
My truck is lowered, and I was driving the other day and I pulled up to a dude in a Silverado that was lifted. On his back window was a huge sticker that said "LOWRIDERS ARE FOR BOYS WHO CAN'T GET IT UP". Well, I like both lifted trucks and lowered trucks, but this dude learned that lowriders are not for boys who cant get it up, their for dudes who run a little faster than the rest of the crowd. After I waited for him at the next stoplight, he rolled down his window and asked if I wanted to race again. I said yes, and I still don't think he has caught up with me. Add one more win for the lowriders.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts