Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i was wondering if like a chevy pair of bucket seats from a cavalier could replace my bench seat and what is all needed for the switch and how hard is it
thanksss

·
145.7db with one 12" sub
1,258 Posts
Well, you can practically put any seat in there you want. But I doubt those would be bolt in. You would probably need to fab some custom brackets, or just cut all the moving parts off the buckets and bolt them down to the body, but then they would be stationary.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
so what seats would i be able to just bolt in there

·
Registered
207 Posts
Most GM seats the sliders on the bottom come off. slide the rails back to see if there is a bolt on the end of the slider there is 4 bolts. 2 in the front and 2 in the back. try that now im now saying that the sliders from your truck will work on the GM seats but you can try it.

·
Registered
442 Posts
no seat will "just bolt in there"....

you can spend about $30 at home depot on bars and screws and make your own brackets to fit in there.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
or going to a junk yard and getting some buckets?

·
Registered
207 Posts
or going to a junk yard and getting some buckets?
Don't do that! You dont know if the seats you get will work or be in good condistion and then your stuck with them, I did that and i got stuck with seats that i put $400 in to and did not work. Yes you still can re-sell them but you may not get what you payed for or put in to them back... So look around before you buy you will save money and time...

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
how will i know which ones are good or not?

·
mini trucker for life
977 Posts
your best bet will be to get a buddy with a welder and fab your own brackets, that way you can put any seat you want in your truck, the hard part is finding a good quality cheap price pair of buckets.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
well i have a cavalier which got totalled so i was thinking about using those?

·
mini trucker for life
977 Posts
they would work fine, you can even take the seat rails from that car and weld them to the floor of the dakota and voila! buckets.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
so i just take all the parts from the seat that i can and put it into the place of the old bench?

·
Registered
213 Posts
i got monte carlo seats in my truck and i just drilled holes to put mine in

·
mini trucker for life
977 Posts
just take the seat rails out with the seats and bolt them in. you will most likely need to drill holes so you can bolt them in, you wanna be safe in an accident lol, thats if you have one.

·
Registered
976 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
and this will stil allow the seats to be moveable?

1 - 20 of 24 Posts