Dodge Dakota Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i just bought a kota QC in august of 04, i havn't did much yet but i have the money to bag it but i am having to much trouble with finding some damn rims, i don't want to cut the axle and can't afford the billet or boyd custom made rims, yet, i need my truck bagged on 20's by march, any help finding rims would be a plus, anyone know who makes a 20x8.5 with a 6.75 backspacing?? thats what i was told i needed, thanks alot !finger

·
Registered
224 Posts
Bro, unfortunatly, you are gonna have to cut something in the back. Whether it be your axle, or your bedsides. The only reason I know, is cause when we did my back, the stock 15x7's wouldn't fit. Just a little heads up on that. But hey, welcome to the site and enjoy.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i kinda figured that but i was hopeing there was another way around it, i read that if i get every thing redrilled to a 5 on 4.5 that i could run a fwd rim and beable to tuck them, thanks for the info, i run through baton rouge pretty often, we might have to get together sometime

·
Registered
224 Posts
You could do the lug conversion, but you just as soon go ahead and shorten it. Kaoticdakota redrilled his lug pattern for the front wheel drive rims, but he eventually sent it off and had it shortened. Took like 2-3 days i believe.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
i think i will just shorten it, i'll have to wait a little while longer, i just decided to move and start a new jobbut its more money coming in in a few months so the wait will be worth it, thanks for the advice

·
223 Posts
lwqcdak had his bagged on the stock 16x7's. I bet he was running about a 225/xr16 or pretty close. He has some picks in his gallery of what he had to trim on the rear to get it to tuck. Im running a 225/50r16 and should be able to tuck with the same trimming he did when Im finished.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cool, well let me know how it go's, i hope to be able to bag mine by march, so all the info i can find out will help alot, thanks

·
Registered
464 Posts
narrowed my rear 13"S For the 22"s to tuck. and lay body with no pinchies.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
thanks kaotic, thats about the best and simplest information someone has gave me yet, what width are you 22's and what size tire, i am about to order my rims,and did the front setup have to be modified to tuck 22's, thanks

·
Registered
464 Posts
22x9 265/40-22 tires......they'll be comin through the top of the bed.....14mm offset...i'll be puting the rear end back on the truck tomorrow and gettin the wheels fitted up and checkin clearance. Stay tuned for more info

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thanks, i guess i will start looking for some rims now, i found a shop that will shorten my axle and have it resplined for $400, is that a decent price?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts